This is a topic that candidates will get confused over and over again - do you really need to master Ethics to pass the CFA exam? I think many candidates ask this question because:
- Ethics is not as exciting to read as the rest of the topics (no mean feat!)
- Ethics questions are tough.
- There's always vague rumours among candidates that Ethics is super important to pass the exam.
Hence the typical candidate may wonder at some point:
Can I simply throw Ethics under the bus, and try to be awesome at everything else to pass?
- Yes, it is possible pass the CFA exam even if you're rubbish at Ethics. BUT...
- It is a Very Bad Idea to dump Ethics as a CFA study topic.
Read on to learn why!